Doha Airport

Qatar - Melbourne to Doha


Was nice to finally get all the luggage into 1 taxi (no point in travelling light!!) and head to the airport and to somewhere warmer then Melbourne.  The sky opened, again,  just as we were approaching the airport and getting out of the car was a nightmare with the strong winds and heavy rain. All good with check-in and we came in at 1 kg under our limit.  Qatar’s A380-800 is very luxurious - comparing it with business class on other airlines and its easy to see why they come highly recommended.  Dinner service and presentation was fabulous. Behind our compartment is a lovely bar area, I went back for a wander after 6 hours sleep and the steward asked if I’d like a drink.  Looked at my watch & saw 7.20am Melbourne time so declined and had a coffee and a chat instead.  This route from Mel to NY would probably not be the choice of most people and Reckon we must have got a good deal as total flying hours will be about 28hours!!  It’s a long way to Tipperary! ☘️☘️

Now in the lounge waiting for flight to NY.  Not without incident, though, as I realised when we got to the new departure area that I’d left my iphone in the aircraft!  Thank God we were in a country that cared, the staff were all fantastic, took details etc and said they’d contact me in the lounge.  When I finally got here and turned on wifi I was able to use the ‘where’s my phone’ device and there it was, buzzing away at the lost and found!  Is now in my possession!!  Ready for the next leg, only 14+ hours this time. 







Comments